The Small Print
Bike Waikato Privacy Statement
Bike Waikato Incorporated (“Bike Waikato”, “we”, “us”) collect personal information from you when respond to any surveys sent by us, or enter information on forms on our site, including information about your:
- contact information
- computer or network
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- record details of member, donors and volunteers
- improve users experience on our website
- communicate with you about our activities
- carry out bike related action and promotion activities
Your personal information will only be shared with offices, staff, contractors and agents of the society when it is required to meet the objects in our society rules.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter details required you will be unable to take part in the activites and services offered by us.
We do not directly collect or retain your credit card information. We use a third party payment provider to carry out credit card transactions for online donations into our account. The provider is a PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider, meaning they adhere to payment card industry standards for security.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can even choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We keep your information safe by storing it in encrypted files and only allowing certain staff and committee members to access it.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected] and include Privacy Statement in the subject line.
Terms and Conditions
The first part
This website is operated by Bike Waikato Incorporated (Bike Waikato), as a part of our efforts to make positive change for people on bikes, in our community.
By visiting our site, you are engaging in our “Service”, and therefore you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions including any updates we make in the future. You can always refer to this page to check for the latest terms and conditions.
We have made the information, tools and services on this site available to you upon acceptance of these terms and conditions.
General terms and conditions
You understand that your content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. We do try – but we are also human. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. This site will contain historical information, this is provided for reference and continuity. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site as and when it is possible for us to do so.
We do not guarantee that the quality of information or other material will meet your expectations, or that there won’t be any errors. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such sites and tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations, or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. If you do spot something, feel free to let us know and we will do our best to make corrections.
We may, from time to time, provide you with links to third-party sites over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We may add more features and services to this website in the future. Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the website or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
Your personal information
Your submission of personal information through the site is governed by our Privacy Statement, at the top of this page.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms and Conditions, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, or local regulations, rules, laws, or ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the website or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the website for violating any of the prohibited uses. But you’re not that sort of person are you…?
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. You agree that from time to time we may remove the website for indefinite periods of time or cancel the website at any time, without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the website is at your sole risk.
In no case shall Bike Waikato, our officers, employees, affiliates, contractors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Basically our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bike Waikato and our affiliates, officers, contractors, and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party. It was not and never will be our fault – OK?
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms and Conditions are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us, when you stop being a member of Bike Waikato, or when you cease using our site. Feel free to write and tell us.
Giveaways and Competitions
The Giveaway Organiser:
- By participating in any competition or giveaway organised by Bike Waikato Incorporated (Bike Waikato) on it’s website, social media channels, or email newsletters (the “Giveaway”), you accept these terms and conditions.
- The Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media channel.
- All Giveaways are open to New Zealand residents only.
- Disqualified participants include the members of the Bike Waikato Committee, current Bike Waikato contractors and employees, their immediate families, or other persons associated or assisting with the Giveaway.
- If the Giveaway is stated for Bike Waikato members only, you must be a paid-up member of the society during the Giveaway period to be eligible.
- To enter the Giveaway, you must follow the instructions on the Giveaway promotional material. Bike Waikato reserves the right to reject any entries which do not follow the instructions of the Giveaway or breach these terms and conditions.
- The Giveaway will be open from the dates displayed on the Giveaway promotional material.
Winner/s and Prize/s:
- The winner/s will be decided as either a random draw (a giveaway) or judgement of skill (a competition), as specified by the Giveaway promotional material.
- The prize winner/s will receive the prize that is stated on the Giveaway promotional material. Bike Waikato accepts no liability for any costs or expenses that may be incurred by the prize winner relating to the prize. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable, or able to be redeemed for cash.
- Bike Waikato will endeavour to notify the prize winner/s via private message or email, and will publicly state the winner on the Giveaway promotional material. However, if the winner has not responded or acknowledged within 14 working days, a new prize winner will be redrawn.
- The decisions of Bike Waikato about this Giveaway are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Bike Waikato reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner’s right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bike Waikato reserves the right to amend the prizes offered, these terms and conditions and cancel the competition at any time.
- The Bike Waikato Privacy Statement applies to all information within the Giveaway.
- By entering the Giveaway, the winner consents to be publicly named as the winner, be photographed and/or interviewed by Bike Waikato and media outlets for publicity purposes. This includes the Bike Waikato website, social media channels and press releases.
Extra Bike Month Terms and Conditions
- Photos and/or Artwork must be posted on social media between 1 February 2022 and 31 March 2022 with the accompanying hashtags:
- Bike Exploration Challenge #BikeWaikatoExplorationChallenge
- Strava Art in the Park #BikeWaikatoStravaArt
- Participants without Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (or who have their account set to private) can email entries to [email protected].
- Quiz By Bike entries shall be emailed to [email protected] to be eligible, photos of the completed quiz is acceptable.
- Only artwork created, and photos taken, within the Waikato Region are eligible.
- If there are multiple people in your photo, only the person who has made the submission will be eligible for the prize.
- Strava Art does not have to be drawn in a park, but for safety reasons we do recommend that you do avoid locations with motor vehicles.
- By entering the photo competition, you give Bike Waikato permission to share your photo(s) publicly, to use them for future publicity, and for the prize sponsors to share and use your photo(s).
- Patrons must receive a parking tag to have their bikes and/or accessories parked by Bike Valet.
- If an email address is written on the sign in form Bike Waikato have the right to send information to this address about the organization and/or its programmes. Upon receiving this email, any user may opt out of any future correspondence. Bike Waikato will never provide your information to a third-party.
- The Bike Waikato Privacy Statement applies to any personal information collected.
- Only Bike Waikato Bike Valet team members are allowed in the bike parking area.
- Locks are not part of Bike Valet’s system; the station is enclosed and secure.
- A valid Bike Valet parking tag must be presented to access a parked bike, or any of its accessories during and after the event.
- Bikes must be picked up within 30 minutes of the event’s completion or otherwise posted latest pick up time.
- After this time, remaining bikes are left at the owner’s risk.